[[ recipeID=recipe-7kfgy2gab, title=Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich ]]
Basil Mayonnaise For Burgers
- Mix together in blender or food processor. Use on sandwiches or on pasta salads.
1/2 c. olive oil
2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
2 T chopped fresh oregano (optional)
36 basil leaves, torn into pieces
12 T. Roasted Garlic and Red Bell Pepper Zip
1/8 t. All-Purpose Veggie Salt
Pepper-Like Seasoning to taste
12 pieces crusty whole grain bread, sliced 1 inch thick
Parma Zaan Sprinkles
- Toast bread in a hot oven at 425. Turn over and brown on both sides. Remove and brush with oil.
- Put the remaining oil in a bowl with garlic and microwave for 1 minute till the flavor really blends.
- Combine tomatoes, oregano and basil and mix.
- Serve on warm bread. Sprinkle with All Purpose Veggie Salt and Pepper-Like Seasoning. Sprinkle with Parma Zaan.
- Put under the broiler for a minute. Remove bread from the oven.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch slices and place on cookie sheet
- Freeze 6 hours or overnight. Remove, thaw, squeeze all water out (like a sponge) from the tofu.
- Crumble in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill and serve on whole wheat bread or stuff in pitas.
Greek Tomato Delight
Deli size sliced bread (whole grain is best)
Tomato sliced 1/4 inch thick
The Greek Isle Seasoning
Fancy toothpicks, optional
- Spread bread with Vegenaise, place slices of tomato in center of bread slice, and sprinkle with Greek Isle Seasoning.
- Use toothpick to hold together and serve on a fancy platter.
Harvest Veggie Burger
3 Tbs. diced red onion sauteed in 1 oz olive oil
2 Tbs. diced black olive
2 Tbs. diced red bell peppers
1 tsp. diced jalapeno
1 1/2 Tbs. diced garlic
4 oz diced artichoke hearts, drained
4 oz black beans, drained
4 oz. chickpeas, drained
6 oz rolled oats
4 oz. white beans drained
1/2 tsp. Hungarian paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. Roasted Garlic and Red Bell Pepper Zip
1/2 t. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground sage
1/2 tsp celery
1 oz. olive oil
2 Tbs. seasoned bread
1 egg or 1 Tbs. ground flax + 3 Tbs. milk
1 Tbs. liquid smoke
- In a medium pan saute all the raw vegetables with 1 oz of olive oil. Cook till vegetables are cooked well.
- Remove and cool. Add the vegetables to the beans and mix thoroughly.
- Add all dry ingredients with the egg or flaxmeal milk combination.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, use the remaining olive oil and cook patties 2-3 minutes per side.
Saucy Ranch Sandwich Spread
1 1/2 c. scrambled tofu
Optional 2 green onions, chopped fine
1 1/2 t. Saucy Ranch Seasoning
3/4 c. mayonnaise of your choice
Optional: 1/2 red bell pepper chopped fine
- Mix together and spread on bread.
Tofu Egg Sandwich Spread
1 lb. tofu cubed or crushed
1 t. Veggie Chik Seasoning
1/2 t. onion powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 T. Golden Broth Seasoning
1 T. oil
1/4 c. diced dill pickles
1 small can of chopped olives or green olives with pimentos chopped
1/4-1/2 c. diced onion
1/4-1/2 diced celery
- In a skillet, saute mashed tofu till dry
- Add seasonings and mix
- Cool, then add pickles, onion, celery, olives and mayonnaise
* Best when refrigerated before using
Veggie Burger Sauce
1 1/2 c. Mayonnaise of your choice
2 t. Saucy Ranch Seasoning
1 c. homemade or store bought ketchup
- Mix together and spread on sandwiches
*Can thin with soymilk and add a few tablespoons of relish for a thousand island dressing.