Spices247 offers free side dish recipes for you to try our healthy and vegetarian based spices out on!
1 bag of coleslaw or 12 oz uncooked cabbage
1 T. All Purpose Veggie Salt
1 cup water
1-2 T. non hydrogenated margarine
- In a large frying pan with a cover melt margarine. Stir together salt and water
- Place coleslaw in pan. Pour water over and cover. Add more water if it starts to stick.
- Cabbage should be cooked till soft but do not burn
Creamy Almond Rice
1/8 c. Roasted Garlic and Red Bell Pepper Zip
1/4 c. minced dried onion
3 c. minute brown rice
4 T. chopped parsley
2 T. Veggie Chik Seasoning
1/2 t. All-Purpose Veggie Salt
1 c. or 8 oz container of Tofutti
Better Than Cream Cheese with Garlic and Herb or plain
1/2 c. toasted, slivered almonds
3 1/2 c. water
- Saute onion in margarine until tender but not browned
- Add water, seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a full boil and stir in rice, red pepper and parsley. Cover; cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Put all ingredients except the cream cheese and almonds into a rice cooker.
- Fluff with fork when done and stir in tofu cream cheese and almonds.
Roasted Potatoes and Red Onions
- Mix all together in a bowl. Spread in a flat glass dish and bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
2 teaspoons Golden Broth seasoning
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
4 cups Fresh cut: mix or alone.
(Mushrooms, green beans, squash, onions peppers, etc.)
- Put veggies, oil and Golden Broth in zip lock baggie and shake
- Grill in George Foreman grill or in grilling basket, or under the broiler
Pecan & Cranberry Stuffing
1 cup dried cranberries (5 ounces)
4 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread
1 onion, finely chooped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
One 1-pound bad cornbread stuffing mix
One 1-pound bag herb stuffing mix
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1 cup pecan pieces (4ounces), toasted
1 quart water and 2 tablespoons Veggie Chik seasoning to make a vegetarian chicken broth
1 teaspoon whole rosemary (broken up)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, pour 2 cups boiling water over the cranberries and let soak for 30 minutes; do not drain.
- Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mixes with the parsley, pecans, onion mixture and the cranberries with their soaking liquid. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the broth and pour the liquid over the stuffing, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the stuffing into 2 buttered 3-quart casserole dishes and bake, covered, for 40 minutes.